A ride is a journey via taxi, bus, subway, or car. With SoMo, you can create a solo or shared ride to any destination and choose who you want to ride with.
A Gathering is an event defined by location, time, attendees and intent. There are three types of Gatherings:
- Private Gathering: A Gathering that specific individuals are invited to, for example, a wedding or a birthday party.
- Public Gathering: A Gathering that is open to all SoMo users, for example, a concert.
- Shareable Gathering: A Private Gathering that can be shared directly with anyone, by anyone via a shareable link.
You can segment your contacts into Groups in order to easily send Gathering invitations. For example, you can create a Group for your co-workers and in just one tap, invite them all to your recurring Gathering for your morning ride to work. Groups are perfect for family, friends, colleagues, and more.
In order to receive notifications in SoMo, you'll need to have push notifications enabled. You'll receive notifications when you're invited to a Gathering, when you're invited to a ride, when there are updates to your ride, or when you're invited to join a group.
navigation and location
SoMo uses HERE Technologies maps which are continuously being updated. If you have specific questions or comments, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
SoMo receives this information directly from taxi companies, so if there is no ETA listed, the taxi company did not provide one.
Yes. If you have specific questions or comments, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may have received this message because you don't have a GPS signal. SoMo requires cellular network reception in order to work properly.
SoMo is currently up and running in the following cities.
privacy and general issues
SoMo requires fair network reception and a GPS signal in order to work properly. Please check that your phone is properly connected to a data network or WiFi signal.
Yes, but in order to protect your privacy, SoMo users can only share public Gatherings or shareable Gatherings.
At this time, there is no chat capability within SoMo.
SoMo is 100% committed to data protection and is GDPR compliant.
We do not share your data with anyone, but we do anonymize your details and use it internally in order to improve our services.
If you're having difficultly signing up or logging in, follow these steps:
- Check that the phone number you've entered is correct.
- Check that you did not miss a text message from SoMo in your message inbox.
- Check your local carrier and data plan. Then, try and register again.
- If the above steps did not help with the registration process, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
On the Gathering's page, you'll find a section called Your ride. Here, you'll see two tabs: Going there and Coming back. Tap Plan Your Ride within the Going there tab to create a ride that's going to an event. Tap Coming back to move tabs, and tap Plan your ride to create a ride that's heading back from an event.